Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inferno Cantos 1-6

OK, finally got this to post! Sorry, I think my internet has just been going in and out.

The beginning cantos in Dante’s Inferno did a good job in setting up the journey that Dante will be going on for the rest of the book. It is clear that this is going to be a rough journey. I feel like this is clear though the language use. It seems as though fear is going to be a big part because right at the beginning the wolf blocks his path. This forces him along a different one. I am a little confused who the person is that is leading him along this journey, and I am not really sure how this woman, Beatrice, comes into play.  Either way I am interested in going along on this journey.

 

The other initial impression that I have is that this is working along nicely with the idea of myth that we discussed earlier this semester. The introduction of other famous mythological and famous people from the past relate this story to other myths. I think this almost suggests that this story will be on par with every other myth/ story suggested. Which I think ultimately came true because even though I have never read Dante’s Inferno, I have heard about it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment